Your business is your baby, and like any proud and loving parent, you want to protect your baby against the dangers of the world. To do this you will need the professional advice and help of a broker to put all the necessary business insurance policies in place.
It’s always beneficial to contact a broker rather than the insurance company directly. Brokers have a much more personal approach to ensure that you get the perfect policy fit for your specific needs and requirements. We can also offer a much speedier process armed with the authority to act on behalf of insurers. For a full list of the benefits of working with a broker rather than an insurer click here.
When it comes to your business insurance, your broker is legally required to do the following:
- Make all necessary enquiries regarding your needs and requirements pertaining to your business.
- Fully disclose all policy terms and conditions.
- Disclose all fees as well as any future premium increases.
- Provide you with all policy schedules.
- Keep all your policies up to date and with the correct value amounts.
- Keep all your information confidential.
- Provide you with all the necessary paperwork and forms and advise you in the event that you need to claim.
- Ensure that a claim is dealt with and completed in a reasonable amount of time.
- Act as mediator when it comes to disputes as well as advise on external avenues of recourse.
- Re-evaluate your policies on an annual basis without instruction.
- Keep in regular contact with you and stay in the loop of any changes in respect of your business in order to update policies.
- Ensure that you receive the correct information and advice regarding your business insurance since they can be held legally responsibility if proven otherwise.
When taking all the legal obligations of a broker into account; you can rest assured that you will be given the best advice when it comes to building and managing your business insurance policy portfolio – leaving you to spend time on the things that really matter when it comes to growing your business.
If you want to have your business insurance re-evaluated or want to apply for business insurance, please contact us here.